How are signs regulated?

To help preserve the character of our town by keeping it neat and clean, the Town of Clayton regulates signs through its Sign Ordinance. The Ordinance allows temporary signs to be placed on properties that are for sale, rent/lease, or where an activity is taking place. Signs placed at other locations, such as those on other properties or street right-of-ways, directing attention to the sale or activity, are not permitted.

All permanent signs and most temporary signs must be approved and permitted by the Town. The Sign Ordinance can be found in Section 155.403 of the Unified Development Code (UDC).


Show All Answers

1. How do I get building permits?
2. What do I need to put a shed, fence, deck, pool, or house addition on my property?
3. What is a Zoning Compliance Permit and do I need one?
4. What's the difference between a Zoning Permit and a Building Permit?
5. What is the process to renovate or expand an existing commercial building?
6. What are the rules for temporary signs?
7. How are signs regulated?
8. How much does a permit or application cost?